Planting Justice is endorsing and attending this event on Monday April 27th @ the State Capitol. Please consider attending!
The demands that we have brought to representatives of the Department of Justice:
- Ban the Box for federal employment, federal contractors and subcontractors.
- Return Pell Grants to incarcerated students in Federal and State prisons.
- End profiteering from incarceration, family separation, and correctional control.
- Justice Reinvestment: Move money away from unnecessary policing and prisons and invest in education, jobs, and essential services to improve our communities.
This meeting is part of regional meetings happening throughout the country, building towards our national meeting in August 2015, where we expect representatives from the Department of Justice to be present.
The following day is our Third Annual Quest for Democracy (Q4D) in Sacramento.
Below is a ROUGH draft of the day:
8:30am Breakfast, Location: To Be Determined
9:00am Advocacy Training Location: To Be Determined
11:00am Legislative Briefing @ State Capitol Room 4202
12:00pm Lunch @ Capitol South Steps
1:00pm-4:00 Legislative Visits
Group Picture @ South Steps
We would like to offer the following to support your participation:
- We will either provide transportation or cover your travel expenses (reimbursement according to the standard mileage rates: 57.5 cents per mile for business miles driven). We will also provide transportation for Saturdays' meeting from Oakland/ Berkeley, and provide buses from Oakland, Stockton, and Los Angeles for Monday's Quest for Democracy. (This is where we (AOUON & Planting Justice can work out transportation.)
- We will provide a hot breakfast and lunch on Sunday, April 26th, 2015. (Please let us know if ANY special dietary needs);
- We will provide hot breakfast, and lunch for Monday's Q4D event
If you would, please RSVP at your earliest convenience to email@example.com. In the unfortunate event you cannot attend, suggestions and contact information for an alternate from your organization would be greatly appreciated.