1) We built a vegetable garden at the Stanislaus County Juvenile Detention Center and have been teaching food justice courses for incarcerated youth.
2) We launched Pathways to Resilience - A permaculture certification program for people returning home from prison!!
3) We hired 3 men in re-entry; bringing total to 16 living wage jobs created at PJ for men coming home from San Quentin!!
4) We took on our largest job yet redesigning Dig Deep Farm, planting 500 fruit trees and establishing the ground work for a large food forest.
5) In support of Qilombo's (http://qilombo.org/) radical work, Planting Justice purchased all the soil, plants, and wood, and led a huge community effort to transform a big empty lot on San Pablo and Brush in West Oakland into an open community garden.
6) We installed a subsidized garden at Chrysalis: a substance abuse treatment center for Women in Oakland!
7) We broke ground on PJ farm by casting seedballs to plant perennial ground cover!
8) We organized a food justice bus tour to visit Pie Ranch, The Homeless Garden Project, Swanton Berry Farms and Food What?!
9) Education Program expanded to Santa Rita Jail and Oakland Tech, in addition to ongoing programming at San Quentin, McClymonds High School, Fremont High School, Keller Plaza, and City of Refuge Church!
10) We built dozens of edible gardens for happy clients in the Bay Area!